Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Tooth Fairy

 I tried my hand at creating a Custom Munny over the past couple of weeks. Definitely a lot of learning throughout the process but I'm fairly happy with how it turned out. A few things I would do differently but that's to be expected.

The idea behind this piece was running with the theme "Tooth Fairy". I wanted to create a twisted version where the Tooth Fairy has had his mouth sewn shut and his teeth are trying to escape throughout the entire body.

The Process. I sculpted this with Super Sculpey and used Alcohol to smooth it out. I can't say I noticed a whole lot with the aid of the alcohol though. I then baked it for 15 minutes between 270 and 275. Let it cool for a day and hit it with some Auto Primer. If I were to do it again I would try Plastic Primer. Once it was sanded and re-primed I went in with an airbrush to get some nice clean smooth gradients. Then I went into detail and cleaned things up with Acrylic. Finished it off with some Gloss Clear Coat to seal it all.

Hope you enjoy and I'll be doing more of these, as well as more sculptures in the future!

Wednesday, October 10, 2012


I recently started a new project that took a good chunk of time to see to completion. It was ambitious and extremely fun. I wanted to make a piece of art that could be hung on a wall yet still have a sense of reality while being completely unrealistic. Something that would jump out and grab your attention. This is what I came up with.


 (Scroll to bottom to see from beginning)

Panorama of the Living Room. Hung it on our empty half wall by two 3' nails (Hopefully it doesn't fall!)

Finished and ready for hanging.

Slicing and dicing the fabric to fit the different sides of the wood. Simply used a hot glue gun to adhere it to the wood.

Sculpting the nose. I picked up square foam that was relatively hard. Using clay tools I shaped the front and top of the nose and wrapped it in leather. This was the lengthiest step as wrapping the leather involved heating it up and stretching it to make it fit around the holes.

The "Bones" of the project. Glued the eyes and teeth to the piece and set it aside to begin work on the nose.

 Painted the eyes and teeth with acrylic and hit them with a number of gloss clear coats.

The teeth were created from Super Sculpey (Firm). I had to dip this in water once it was done because the Sculpey stuck to the cardboard. I used a drawing on the cardboard to have the teeth be symmetrical which is the reason for sticking with cardboard vs. Aluminum foil.

Structure. Wrapped the inside of the mouth with Leather. Stapled it around the edges.

Picked up sheets of wood and began measuring out all the sides. Used the wood knobs for the eyes by cutting them in the middle.

 Quick drawing used to get dimensions down before starting the cutting of wood.

Where it all began. 

I've already stocked up on supplies and will begin working on new pieces once I get my process down. I'm going to do some experminting with things (Resin eyes/more sculpting/smaller pieces) in the meantime.

Thanks for looking!

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Fox Pirate

Some new apparel design I've been working on. This is a bit of a walk through of the entire process from start to finish... Or finish to start... The subject I was given was "Fox Pirate".

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A Little Something Something

Howdy! Interested in some recent projects of mine? Well here ya go!

Prince of Thieves

This piece is a mock-up logo design based on Robin Hood. Was initially working it out as an Illustration and gradually modified it into a logo design. Kept a very simple color palette and was just looking to have fun with a project.

Where There's Smoke...

This is a WIP but something I'd like to share. Part 1 of a 2 piece series of "Where There's Smoke..." and "...There's Fire"

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Eat It - Shirt Design

So I've recently enjoyed working out some T-Shirt designs to build up my portfolio. This is the beginning of the Apparel journey I'll be taking.

A quick background on this image. I ran with a Zombie theme and worked around the title "Eat It". Kept it fairly straightforward and will continue to do this with future designs for the time being.

For those of you that want to keep up on my process as I work through future projects, I regularly update my Twitter with snapshots of in-progress works.


Below is an Inked version I managed to toss as I wasn't happy with the Stippling effect.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Distillation Show

For those in the Boston area, take the time to check out this gallery show on the 2nd of December. It has a fantastic group of artists, many of which are great inspirations to myself.

Basically, each artist was given a glass liquor bottle and given free reign to paint and do with it how we please.

Check below for mine and be sure to stop by the Gallery if you are in the area!

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

GOREFEST - Succubus

Number 3 on day 3. Enjoy! Also, this will be my last for the week as I'll be heading out of town tomorrow. I'll pick up where I left off at the beginning of next week though, so keep an eye out for future Illustrations!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

GOREFEST - Zombies

Second of the series, Zombies! Third will come tomorrow!!!


I'm currently doing a series of images based around the title "GOREFEST". Skipping past all that PG-13 stuff and going for the guts of the hard "R" rating. I'm trying to go over the type while staying within this Gory/Sexual/Drug infused theme.

If you want to see my progress throughout each day follow my Twitter account (On the right)

I'm also going to start up a Tumblr.